Instant Pot Easy Peel Hard Boiled Eggs Looking for easy peel hard boiled eggs?

Instant Pot Easy Peel Hard Boiled Eggs


Looking for easy peel hard boiled eggs? 

Let's make Instant Pot eggs! They're ready in 15 minutes, perfect and easy to peel every time...promise.



Like many of you, I recently gave up on my dream of finding a way to consistently and reliably make perfect hard-boiled eggs. After trying too many "foolproof" tricks with spotty results, I've relegated easy-peeling eggs to the same category as unicorns and cheap plane tickets. I guess.

But it's about the myth - when you throw up your hands and walk away, something new comes along to rekindle your hope.Like Fox Mulder, we want to believe. increase.

The first thing for me was my pressure cooker and the unexpected suggestion of a friend to use it to make a batch of eggs. The dream came to life again.

Why Pressure Cookers Work
I kept this revelation quiet for months simply because I couldn't trust the evidence I saw:
2 eggs or 12 fresh eggs. Or it didn't matter if the eggs were white or brown, a few weeks old. I got smooth, blemish-free hard-boiled eggs that peeled easily every time.

There are several theories as to why this is so. Some say that the pressure cooker forces steam into the eggshell during cooking, causing it to separate from the egg white, similar to steaming an egg.

Whatever the reason, it works! Making hard-boiled eggs in a pressure cooker is the only method I've found that works every

 

nstant Pot Easy Peel Hard Boiled Eggs 5.5.5



How to Boil Eggs in the Instant Pot
I cooked eggs in the Instant Pot using the popular "5-5-5" hard-boiled egg method. The idea is to put the eggs in a steamer basket and seal them in the pressure cooker along with a cup or so of water.It takes about 5 minutes for the cooker to reach high pressure, 5 minutes for the eggs to boil, and the eggs come out of the cooker. It's called the "5-5-5" method because it takes 5 minutes for the pressure to naturally release before being ejected.
My pressure cooker usually takes about 10 minutes to reach full pressure, but I've found this basic formula to work well.

I also decided that I liked the texture of the 4 minute egg more than the 5 minute egg. After 4 minutes the whites are firm but soft and the yolks are fully cooked but still creamy. After 5 minutes, the whites started to look gummy and the yolks felt a little whitish.Try both methods and see which you prefer.
Stovetop Pressure Cooker Instructions For those using the
Stovetop Pressure Cooker, she recommends reducing the cooking time to 3 minutes. Stovetop pressure cookers can reach higher pressures than electric stovetops and tend to cook food faster. (For reference, a friend of mine tried this recipe in a pressure cooker and said the 4-minute eggs were fine, but tasted a little overcooked.)
Pressure Cooker A note about eggs
One of the only drawbacks of eggs consists of the occasional cracking of the shell during cooking. When this happened to me, it was usually during the 5 minute "spontaneous release" period after the eggs were already cooked, so the cracks are only cosmetic.

If your eggs tend to crack or crack before the white sets, try cooking at low pressure instead of high. My own low pressure testing yielded conflicting results. But all pressure cookers are a little different, and yours may work better. But eggs that are easy to peel? At least they are real.

0 Comments